Friday, May 6, 2011

lost time

i know i have been silent for a very long time.

however, my heart has not been silent.

this has been such a ground-breaking year for me thus far...

i graduated and then became an employee of the institution which held me (mostly) silent. i worked as a counselor and as an educator. i found new ways to use my voice while staying cautious in my temporary, still-in-the-closet (but only partially) setting.

i went to my first gay wedding. two dear friends of mine. an amazing weekend in washington d.c. that literally changed my life and infused me with hope and possibility.

i went through a tornado.
i had my first official date with another woman.
in the same night.

i came out to students i was responsible for educating and shared much of my story and words from some of my gay and lesbian friends. and i saw so much openness and loving it brought me to tears.

all of this, and more, i will be writing about.

i am in the middle of transition, and life is only getting more and more exciting as i see it open up into more and more exciting opportunities for me.

so, get ready. i have a lot of time to make up for.

and you will see, as i have,

that love wins.

hope survives.

grace shields.

peace and reconciliation are real.

and love, yes and amen, love

wins. wins. wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment