Sunday, October 17, 2010

embrace

this morning, i feel a sense of urgency
urgency to rise from ashes
to take off the torn rags
to sing once again
to run

urgency to embrace who i am
more fully
more passionately
more publicly

i'm limited in how out i can be
because of my place of work

but a simple step struck me this morning

ever since i began this blog,
i have been known on here by my first initial (C.)
and then the description: A Black Sheep

it is important to note that i still feel like a black sheep
and i will certainly continue to write here and work toward reconciliation and justice for my communities - all of them.
but if you look back on old posts, you will see a post called "name"
those of you who know me, know what a pivotal moment that was for me.
and now for a new moment.

this moment, i will embrace that name
love
and yes, i still identify with the oppressed
my heart still bleeds and longs for true relationship to form across the divides

only now when i sign my name,
it will be the name God, Love named me

my name is love...
and i am so loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment